Friday 5 August 2011

From My Heart

It's finally here. ONE8 is going on camp tomorrow! My heart is full of joy and pumping with Spirit-filled excited.

Personally I have been through so many trials in a short period of time. Some of them still continue. One thing is certain, I am not the man I used to be. I have always loved the Word of God. I have loads of head-knowledge of His Word and I love to share what He says in His Word. In these last few months I had the amazing privilege and joy of enduring trials of many kind during which His Word became life to me. My heart overflows with joy, excitement, new passion and desire.

As many of you know I have been without permanent work for a long time and finally God provided me with a good job. Why did it take so long? Because quality education requires the master to take the student aside and coach him one-on-one. I still have this deep sense that I am only in this position for a season because God wants to blow my mind with something greater. This is only the tip of the iceberg.I thank Him for a season that has ended, for new doors that have opened and for greater things to come.

Often we look at our weak and vulnerable moments and wonder where the power is. When will God show up? When will he do something? Friend, picture the scene at the cross. Weakness, lonliness, hurt and discouragement in the physical. But the complete message of the cross is power! And so it is with us today. When we are weak, His strength is being perfected in us.

My heart is bursting with a message that I want to share this coming weekend at our first camp. Please hold us in prayer.

The big day is also coming closer where I will exchange vows with my beautiful fiance, Chantelle. I am my beloved's...