Friday 1 June 2012

You're Not Alone


Some comforting and thoughtful words from MMV Blogger Carmy Matthews

I'm sitting here listening to Jason Upton's 'You're not Alone'. In this song he speaks of Martin Luther King sitting at his kitchen table all by himself, his family had already gone to bed. All of a sudden he received a phone call and this man said Martin if you don't stop preaching what you're preaching, we going to take your family and kill you. And after he hung up he sat at the table and just began to say father I grew up in the church, I have preached your kingdom all over the earth, all over America and I know that you are real but right now I'm so afraid, and I don't think I've ever heard you say my name, I need to hear you say my name father. And he just began to cry. And out of the silence he heard a voice begin to say, never alone Martin, never alone Martin, I'll never leave you.  
I'm thinking how beautiful this story, God mentioning your name, comforting you, reassuring you, LOVING YOU. What better way to stand on the promise of God than this. He said that he would never leave nor forsake us. Therefore we have no need to ever doubt God. 
Father God thank you, thank you that your grace is sufficient for me, thank you that your very love overwhelms me. Thank you Holy Spirit for reminding me today that I am never alone and that i never will be. You have searched me God and you know my heart, you know when I rise and sit, you know every hair on my head father. How precious your thoughts are toward me o God. Just overwhelmed right now, how awesome He is to just fill an entire room with His presence, with those words alone. God changes people, listen he revives, restores, heals, gives life and is love. Who am I that you are mindful of me Lord that you see me, you hear when we call. Who was Saul that you were mindful when he was blasphemous, or David that you appointed him king!or Sarah Lord Sarah that she was able to bear child at that age,or Mary when you saw her virtuous enough to carry a king!... you called us friend!!! Or Lord Samuel when at that young age said here I am Lord I am your servant, who are we that you saw us worthy of a struggle, you called us your friend...